20 events to travel the world with Visa Wellington On a Plate
March 14, 2023
Visa Wellington On a Plate is your window to the world this coming May. We’ve rounded up a bunch of events that will take your tastebuds on a tour across the globe for much less than the cost of a round-trip ticket. Check them out below:
- The Miramar Taco’ver serves up an all-day celebration of Mexico’s regional tacos, and will feature international Chef Lucho Martinez working alongside local favourites Taco Addicts, Hot like a Mexican, Viva Mexico and Food Lab with beers from Double Vision.
- Fans of Japanese cuisine are in for a treat at Kazaguruma for their Sushi Degustation. Or, if you’re into something a little less high-end Junk Food Japan makes a welcome return at Orient serving up Japan’s own unique fast food classics.
- If you’re in the mood for celebration check out Waza: A Wedding Feast at Chaat Street all festival long, and experience the exotic flavours of Kashmiri culture. They also have a Chef Collab event with Prateek Sadhu.
- The Mosaic Pop Up at Field & Green will transport you to the sunny shores of the south Mediterranean as chef Laura Greenfield continues her exploration of the Jewish diaspora across the world through the way their food evolved as they settled in different places.
- Get to experience an authentic taverna vibe at Oikos with Ola Sta Karvouna which focuses on cooking with wood and charcoal
- Chef, writer, restaurateur, painter, playwright and founder of 'Food On the Edge', Dr Jp McMahon presents the flavours of Ireland as part of the Chef Collaboration Series presented by Singapore Airlines at Logan Brown.
- Melbourne-based chef Victor Liong ups the ante with his Chef Collab at Floriditas. His elevated Chinese cuisine celebrates classic dishes with finesse. The Chef Collaboration Series by Singapore Airlines will also see Chef Louis Tikaram take a slightly different path exploring his own Chinese-Fijian Heritage at Charley Noble.
- At LTD. Chef Jonny Taggart is honing his Native Canadian heritage with Akera - Frybread tacos.
- ¡Viva La Revolucion! at Ernesto’s brings you the flavours of Cuba. Expect to dine on a banquet dinner of roasted hog leg, fish, piri piri chicken, chargrilled corn on the cob, black bean stew and more.
- If Italian cuisine is top of your mind there’s plenty to explore with Cucina Popolare at Bottega in Dukes Arcade, Osteria Libertà: A Sicilian Adventure at Liberty or get a taste of classic Italian history with L'arte di Mangiar Bene at Cico Cacio Osteria.
- The Homewood Storeroom invites you to Taste Peru in the Wairarapa with Chef Paddy Tatham and his brother Johnty Tatham of Lucid Chocolatier.
- Chakalaka House at The Crooked Elm sees local favourite Scheckter's Deli bring a taste of South Africa to Lower Hutt
- Francophiles will love La France Et Ses Délices - a French bistro takeover at Huxley's.
- Plus there are some cool crossovers with Orien TABLE at which sees two Wellington icons KC Cafe and Capitol. restaurant teaming up. Seoul → Parisat Jano Bistro sees Jano’s Chef Pierre Fenoux and Havana Bar’s Chef Eom Jae Hoon will be breaking the mould of traditional French and Korean recipes. And Autour du Monde gives diners the chance to travel all sevent continents in one event over seven courses at the Jardin Grill.
Visa Pre-Sale is open to Visa cardholders from midday on Monday 20 March 2023, with general release tickets available from midday Wednesday 23 March 2023.