Open for Business: Sweet Release
March 3, 2022
Sweet Release is a must-go for all our plant-based friends and curious foodies keen to try sustainably made and tasty food. The café is all about community, and so the friendly team put a big emphasis on doing social good whilst serving delicious vegan kai. Read about our discussion with Kris, owner of Sweet Release Vegan Cafe.
Sweet Release - 99 Manners Street, Te Aro, Wellington 6011
Kris Bartley, owner of Sweet Release
Tell us about yourself: I'm Kris and I own Sweet Release which is an accredited Living Wage, vegan cafe on Manners St. We love feeding people!
Tell us what makes you special?
- Our delicious, comforting, allergy friendly treats. We are dairy free, egg free, vegan, and nut free with gluten free options.
- Our free pay it forward meals that is provided by the Sweet Release community
- Our awesome, friendly team
What support would you love to see from your guests?
We'd love support while people keep themselves safe if they don't feel like coming into town. We have launched different ways people can do this via the "Sweet Relief" section on our website.
- For the Community: buy a Pay it forward meal for someone else in need
- For you or a friend: Buy a gift voucher for yourself or a friend
- For your workmate working from home: Buy them a mini cake with a message to let them know you are thinking of them
- Isolation packages for you, a friend, workmate or as a pay it forward. 7 days or 10 days packages available with 3 meals a day delivered
Any favourite on the menu? Our favourite thing at the moment is our breakfast platter for 2. It feeds 3 people or 2 very hungry people. It has two not fried eggs, toasted bagel, avo, spinach, roasted cherry tomatoes, hashbrowns, garlic confit, mushroom ricotta and not bacon.
Where can we find you when you're not at the Café? I'm obsessed with our neighbours on Dixon St: The Old Quarter $15 lunches and Mexico lunch degustation platter.
Any quotes or thoughts you want to share?
In moments of crisis, always look out for the helpers. If you can't see helpers or anyone doing good, be that person.
Check out Sweet Release on Instagram.