Chef Collaboration Series presented by Singapore Airlines
After a three year hiatus the Chef Collaboration Series presented by Singapore Airlines is back on the table! Taste the world with eight internationally-renowned chefs who will be paired with iconic Wellington venues for a series of events that will take place across the festival this May.
The festival opens with the Yardbird Izakaya Pop-Up, presented by chef Matt Abergel of Yardbird and Rōnin (Hong Kong) alongside long-time festival collaborator Morgan McGlone of Sunday and Bar Copains (Sydney), and Wellington’s own James Pask from Cinderella. This event runs over two nights (May 4 + 5), as do most of the other collabs in the series. The only one that runs once is the Miramar Taco'ver with Lucho Martinez, but this is an all day Pop-Up so there is plenty of time to eat all the authentic Mexican tacos.
In addition to the international chefs, several high profile Kiwi collaborators will be presenting unique events that celebrate Aotearoa’s rich cultural heritage through food and drink as part of the Series. This includes Kārena and Kasey Bird presenting their award-winning Kitchen Takeover event Taiao: Food of the Gods which travels unique ‘worlds’ and telling the legend of Māori Atua. Joshua Hunter and Matthew Tierney will bring in elements of tikanga in their own unique event Know the Whakapapa of Your Kai. And, the Eat NZ Kaitaki event brings together a collection of New Zealand’s food leaders to tell the Aotearoa food story
Check out the full list of Chef Collaborations presented by Singapore Airlines for 2023 below:
- Kristen Kish of Arlo Grey (USA) x Floriditas
- Matt Abergel of Yardbird (HK) x Cinderella
- Prateek Sadhu formerly of Masque (IND) x Chaat Street
- Victor Liong of Lee Ho Fook (AUS) x Loretta
- Jp McMahon of Aniar (IRE) x Logan Brown
- Louis Tikaram (AUS) of Stanley Cantonese Restaurant x Charley Noble
- Lucho Martinez of Em (MEX) x Double Vision Brewing
- Sean Connolly (AUS) of Esther (AKL) x Hippopotamus
- Kārena and Kasey Bird(Bay of Plenty) x Whiskey & Wood
- Josh Hunter (Canterbury) and Mitchell Teirney (Auckland) of Whakapapa of you Kai x Havana
- Andrea Marseglia of Teresa (Hawkes Bay) x Graze
While the Matt Abergel and Lucho Martinez events are Pop-Ups (so no tickets needed!), we recommend that you get yourself ready for the Visa Pre-sale which starts on March 20, as these tickets will sell out fast!
Hungry for more? You can check out the full Visa Wellington On a Plate festival programme here.