Cheap eats in Welly
Heading out for something to eat in the city doesn’t have to take a big bite out of your wallet, we’ve rounded up the tastiest cheap eats in Wellington. From flavourful asian fare to primo plant-based options there’s plenty to keep your taste buds tantalised.
Check out our picks below:
Photo credit: Little Penang
Flavours of Asia
- If spice is life, try Ram’s and their well known chilli oil dumplings. They also offer a plentiful range of noodles, stir fry dishes and sizzling plates
- Satay Kingdom is famous for their Roti Chanai perfectly paired with spicy rich gravy
- Continuing with the Malaysian flavours, Little Penang is also a firm favourite with two locations - one on The Terrace and the other on Victoria Street.
- If you’re a fan of Thai check out Aroy who have multiple locations in the city and in the Hutt
- Aunty Mena’s on Cuba Street is a vegetarian foodie mecca, fantastic fried dumplings and arguably their ‘mock chicken’ Laksa is good enough to turn diners to the plant-based side
If you find it hard to decide, head into one of the city’s colourful food halls.
- Press Hall offers a bunch of tasty street eats from around the world including Nam D, Basbousa Egyptian Street Food or Yoshi. There’s plenty of healthy options too with plant based goodness from Aroha
- 18 Willis Street has a delicious array of global flavours by Viva Mexico, Satay Me, Puro Chile and more
- Another great spot to hit up further down the road is Capital Market
Cocktails at The Library
If you love a deal there are plenty to be had, with many offering weekday discounts.
- Check out 2 for 1 deals on at Chow on Mondays
- The Library does 2 for 1 deals for desserts on Tuesdays and cocktails on Wednesdays
- If you feel like spicing it up, Rosie’s Red-Hot Cantina does $6 Taco Tuesdays
How many spots on our cheap eats in Wellington list have you been to?