Our Visa Welly On a Plate team picks!
The Visa Wellington On a Plate 2021 programme is out! It's that time of the year where the Visa WOAP team gets excited as we all plan our culinary month.
Whilst we all work as a team to coordinate the festival, it is rather challenging for us to all agree when it comes to one thing: Kai! Whether it is Festival Events, Pop Ups, Dine dishes, burgies or cocktails, elements from the festival programme are always at the epicentre of quite agitated conversations in the office...
Our Programme Manager, Beth Brash, is the most knowledgeable team member when it comes to the festival programme. She has read through every single offering across the whole festival multiple times and highlights that this year's programme is the strongest we've seen in the history of Visa Welly On a Plate.
So it was not an easy task when having to choose amongst all the delicious offerings. We've compiled all the Visa Welly On a Plate Team Picks in a curated list so you can see how diverse and conflicted the taste buds at HQ are.
Here are our team picks in no particular order or preferences:
Katherine Mansfield House & Garden's Festival Event: Bliss: A Taste of Mansfield
Festival Events and Pop Ups:
- Full Moon Party - Chow (free entry, pay on consumption)
- Scobys, Simas and Sodas - Daisy's
- Flavours of Syria - Damascus
- Bar Salonika - Field & Green (free entry, pay on consumption)
- Bliss: A Taste of Mansfield - Katherine Mansfield House & Garden
- Chaat Street - LTD. (free entry, pay on consumption)
- Barrel Cave Degustation - Luna Blue Rock
- Three Martini Lunch - Ortega Fish Shack
- My Kashmiri Odyssey - Public Trust Hall
- Monsterlicious - Rizzo's @ Station Gardens
- Beervana - Sky Stadium (we might be ultra bias on this one)
- Surrealist Supper - Te Papa
- Sex & Food: A Burlesque Dining Event - The Black Sparrow at The Embassy Theatre
- Current Mood: Current Food - two/fiftyseven
Note: some of these events are ticketed and are usually very popular. Here is a pro-tip: create a festival event wish list with the Festival Events you would like to buy tickets for and make sure to be ready for when the Visa pre-sale starts on Monday 14 June at 12pm!
Spring Kitchen's Dine dish: Holy-Pamflet
Dine Wellington festival dishes:
- Bin44 Restaurant & Bar - Boil Up to the Bumper
- Boulcott Street Bistro - Crayfish Marseille
- Dough Bakery - Winter Classic Meets Local Brewery
- Hillside Kitchen - The First Gardens of Wellington
- Kanama Kopi Kadai - Kari Taukua Achi
- Lulu Bar - Seafood Tower
- Neo Café & Eatery - Beehive Waffle
- Spring Kitchen - Holy-Pamflet
- The White Swan Country Hotel - Shipwrecked and Landed
Rogue & Vagabond's burger: Sticky Sichuation
Garage Project presents Burger Welly burgers:
- Atlas - The Baller with Garage Project beer (Golden Path)
- Bar Mason - Golden Nugget with Garage Project beer (Zitrone Weisse)
- Brew'd Stokes Valley - The Lucky Charmer with Garage Project beer (Beer)
- Capitol Restaurant - Smoking Mussels with Garage Project beer (Zitrone Weisse)
- Flamingo Joe's - Flamingonaut with Garage Project beer (Transit of Venus)
- Master Kong - Tropic Thunder with Garage Project beer (Zitrone Weisse)
- Passo Pizza Pasta Caffe` - Out of the Bush with Garage Project beer (Angry Peaches)
- Rogue & Vagabond - Sticky Sichuation with Garage Project beer (Golden Path)
- Soul Shack - Dear Leader
Saint Sebastian's cocktail: Lavendar Immortelle
Cocktail Wellington presented by Tommy's cocktails:
- Charley Noble Eatery & Bar - 777
- Cuckoo Emporium - The Barhopper
- El Culo del Mundo - El Chapulín Verde
- Lovebite - Audio Oil for the Disco Soul
- Mr Go's - Yuz Beert Believe It
- Saint Sebastian - Lavendar Immortelle
- Sandbar Mana - Lemon Meringue Pie'tini
- Shed 5 Restaurant and Bar - Roxanne
Check out the full curated list and save your favourites from our wish list into yours and get ready to Eat Curious this August!